FOR PETS SAKE
Friday Mar 09th, 2018Share
Make sure your pets don’t become a buyer’s pet peeve.
It's important to present a top-notch first impression when selling your home. If you share your home with pets though, you'll need to work extra hard to ensure it looks (and smells) its best!
If you own pets, here are a few tips that will help when it comes time to sell your home:
- Deep Clean - Steam clean all carpets, rugs and couches and be sure to vacuum your home every day.
- Do the Doo Doo - Don't forget to clean up outside before showings as people exploring your garden will be turned off by seeing it or even worse, stepping in it.
- Gone to the Dogs - Most people don't want to be greeted by a barking dog when they enter a home. A whining dog in a crate is also a huge distraction so it would be best to take your dog out for a walk if you're unable to make other arrangements.
- Creepy Critters - Some buyers may be too scared to tour a room that contains pets such as snakes or rodents. They may even decide to leave your home altogether so try and remove any smaller pets before putting your home on the market.
- Fur Real - Clean pet hair out from under the stove, tables, blinds and all crevices. Many people suffer from allergies and you don't want them sniffling and sneezing while they're viewing your home.
- Scratch the Surface - Inspect your home thoroughly and repair scratched areas including window frames, doors, furniture and floors.
- Breathe Easy - Pet smells may be offensive to some buyers and they will be exploring the basement so make sure any litter trays are clean. Open up windows and simmer a few cinnamon sticks in water as buyers may be allergic to artificial scents.