5 FALL MAINTENANCE TIPS
1. Check to see that bathroom exhaust fans and range hoods are operating properly. If possible, confirm that you are getting good airflow by observing the outside vent hood (the exterior damper should be held open by the airflow).
2. Have furnace or heating system serviced by a qualified service company every two years for a gas furnace, and every year for an oil furnace, or as recommended by the manufacturer
3. If you have central air conditioning, make sure the drain pan under the cooling coil mounted in the furnace plenum is draining properly and is clean.
4. Ensure windows, doors and skylights close tightly; repair or replace weather stripping, as needed.
5. Clean leaves from eaves troughs and roof, and test downspouts to ensure proper drainage from the roof.